Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fail Proof Roast, Potatoes and Vegtables

 
  
 
 
Fail Proof Pot Roast, Potatoes and Vegetables
 
Growing up we always had Roast on Sundays, no one made it better than my Mom. It would just melt in your mouth and the flavor was amazing. When I grew up and became a Mom myself I continued to make this wonderful meal. I have added vegetables and potatoes to mine.
 
You can't mess this up! It is really fail proof. This Roasting Pan below was given to me and my husband by my parents as a wedding gift. It is the same type of Roasting Pan my Mom has always used and still has hers. They last forever and cook the perfect Roast.
 
 
 You could certainly use any roasting pan with a lid or even a crock pot for this recipe but I highly recommend this pan.
 
The trick to a great Roast is cooking it long and on lower heat. If you can cut up some veggies you can make this Roast and those you serve this to will fall in love with it.
 
Ingredients
 
Beef Chuck Roast Boneless
1 package of Brown Gravy
1 package of Au Jus
Cut up potatoes
Carrots
1/2 of a large red onion sliced
Seasonings
 
Directions
 
Heat oven to 275 degrees. Place roast in bottom of roasting pan. Pour brown gravy and Au jus packages on top. Cut up potatoes and onion and put around the roast. Add enough water to go halfway up the roast. Add the carrots and season with your favorite seasonings. I used Lawry's, Garlic Salt, Pepper, Kosher Salt and dried Parsley flakes. Put the lid on and cook for 6 hours. That is it! It is that easy. Make sure that you use Beef Chuck Roast. It just falls apart and it is delicious!
 
Make your own gravy with the bottom of the pan drippings or just make a package of gravy.
 
I served it with a side salad with Hidden Valley Ranch dressing and cheese bread.
 
  
 
 
 
 
  
  


 
 
My wonderful Roasting Pan is actually considered an antique. Ha! I have had it that long.  If you are interested in getting one I found them on Amazon. I wasn't sure if they were still around but luckily they are still available. Click on picture below.  
 
You will not be disappointed with this recipe. Enjoy!
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!

Dori
 



5 comments :

  1. Wow! This is a good post. Yummmmmm! Just like your Mom's. Everyone will love it if they try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is making my mouth water just looking at the pics! Just making sure - you put the powdered packets on and just left them like that? You didn't moisten them before cooking? thanks! Can't wait to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can this go in a Crock Pot?? If so for how many hours on high or low?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks and sounds soooo yummy!!! I love this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!