Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sweet Peppers Pasta Salad




Sweet Peppers Pasta Salad

A couple of weeks ago I spent some time with my sisters (your might know them better as Camp Wander and One Good Thing by Jilleeand my sister Becky made this incredible Pasta Salad. It had the best flavor and I couldn't get enough of it. I asked her what was in it and she showed me the bag of Mini Sweet Peppers and they were the star of the salad along with the fresh Basil from her garden. 

I attempted to make the same salad off of memory.  I found the Mini Sweet Peppers at Smith's and bought some Cilantro, Parmesan Cheese and a Red Onion. It is about as simple as it gets. You can add whatever goodies you want but I was happy with this. The flavor is really good and my husband LOVED it. You would expect there to more in the salad but all the flavor comes together for a great taste. 

Ingredients

Pasta of Choice
4-5 mini sweet peppers
1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
1/2 red onion
1/4 cup of Cilantro
Basil to taste (optional)
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

Directions

Cook your pasta and rinse in cool water. Cut up peppers, onions and cilantro and add to pasta. Pour desired Olive Oil, just enough to coat the pasta nicely and pour in Parmesan Cheese and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. 
That is it! Is is really simple and really good. Aren't the colors pretty?

I served it with Pan Seared Steak. Click for recipe. 


 
Well that is weird, wonder how that twistie tie got in the picture!



Enjoy the recipe!

Thanks for stopping by!
  
Dori

2 comments :

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!