Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Tortellini Peppers and Spinach Bake




Tortellini with Peppers and Spinach Bake

I don't know why, but lately I have been craving Tortellini's. I have been eyeing them at the grocery store and decided it was time to make something with them. I just bought some fresh Spinach and a red and green pepper so I started there. I had just enough left over to take for lunch tomorrow. I love when that happens. 

You can use fresh or frozen Tortellini's, or if you are ambitious enough make them homemade. If you have a great Tortellini recipe that you make, please share! This turned out really delicious and is very filling. One pan goes along ways. Give small servings.

Ingredients

4 cups of frozen Tortellini's
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 medium onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 handful of Spinach or more
2 T. of Olive Oil
Salt and pepper

This would be good with any cream sauce, it doesn't have to be Alfredo. I love Alfredo Sauce but you can play around with whatever sauce you would like to use.

Alfredo Sauce

2 cups heavy cream
1 stick of butter
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic salt
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese

Combine together the heavy cream, butter and cream cheese.  Simmer on medium heat until all melted. Add Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and garlic salt. Simmer for 15-20 minutes on low. Let slightly cool so it will thicken. 


Directions

Slice up your peppers and onions. Pour olive oil on top of peppers and onions then season with salt, pepper and minced garlic. Mix well. Saute peppers and onions in a heated skillet until soft. Place frozen Tortellini's on the bottom of a baking dish and pour pepper and onions on top. Pour desired amount of Alfredo Sauce on top and then tuck in Spinach throughout. I wish I had used more Spinach. Sprinkle with Pepper and Parmesan Cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 











Hope you enjoy this recipe. As always, I would love to hear your comments or any changes or additions you make. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Dori

2 comments :

  1. I made this for dinner tonight It is so flippin good!!! I love it and my kids loved it! love katie Hilton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made this tonight, everyone loved it. I added some grilled chicken to it and it was out of this world fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!