Cover

Welcome to Riches to Rags by Dori. This is a place where I share a little bit of everything. My experiences, the good the bad and the ugly. Life isn't easy but worth living and my hope is that we can get through it together.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chalkboard Decoration Ideas



It never ceases to amaze me when I come across pictures and wonder how people come up with these clever ideas! Once again I am grateful for creative minds that share their creations with us so we can share it with each other.

I can't believe how many great ideas have been thought of using chalkboard paint. The sad part is that I didn't even now there was chalkboard paint! Shameful, I know. Anyways, I came across a pin of a silver platter turned into a chalkboard that I loved and put in my board of "Things I want to make". While I was thinking about it I remembered all the platters I had seen at this one Thrift Store! I ran over there to pick them up and they were closed. :( I had to wait all weekend until this morning when they opened again. They have been there for weeks and I was hoping they were still there. There they were in a stack waiting for me on the shelf. They only cost me .50 cents a piece. They were all different which made it even better.  I bought them all because I want to make some for gifts.

I will also show you some other darling ideas that you can use Chalkboard paint to make a new creation for much much cheaper.

Here are my lovely new (old) platters......




This one looks identical to the one above. 



I like that this one is shiny so I have one new and others that are more antiqued.


All together with my cute little cup to hold them up. 


Look how different each one is! I was hoping for some decorative edges so I am really excited to show you some inspiring ideas that people have come up with to do with silver platters and MUCH MORE!



CHALKBOARD SILVER PLATTERS

















Think of the possibilities. What would you do with your Silver Platter?



HOME DECOR IDEAS FOR CHALKBOARD PAINT





SOURCE

























SOURCE

Love this idea.




My heart be still......JARS!

Look what the small detail of the Chalkboard did to this area.

My daughter Kallie wants this one so she can put
     it on her door to her bedroom and have it say
 "BOYS KEEP OUT"!

CUTE!


What a great and creative way for a child to express themselves. 



I could sure use something like this. 


Last but not least I LOVE THIS ONE!


This sells at Pottery Barn online for ONLY $249.00!!!  WHAT????!!!!!!Hold on while I pick myself up off the floor. Holy Cow. Why would you pay that much when you can DIY? There are so many tutorials online that can make this exact thing. An old window frame? Go to the Thrift Store or Garage Sale and see what you kind find!

WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH YOUR DIY CHALKBOARD?


Learn how to make CUSTOM CHALKBOARD PAINT. This will save you a lot of money and would be great for a large are like above. The source of the custom paint comes from Martha Stewart so I trust it. 

OR BUY IT...





You can buy RustOleum Chalkboard spray paint or other types of chalkboard paint at your local home improvement store. 


I would love to hear some comments and see what you would like to do with Chalkboard Paint. Thanks for stopping by and if you enjoy this page please share! Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!  Thanks for stopping by.

Dori

*NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF CHEAP*








1 comment :

  1. I'm enjoying your blog! It is inspiring me to do some projects around our home! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment, It gets lonely in here without them!